Steamboat Springs provides an awesome family run.
Having invested nearly $30 million over the past five years, Steamboat is a great family destination in winter and summer. The combination of picturesque landscape and child friendly facilities make it a great choice for families.
Why Steamboat Springs for family holidays
- Steamboat Springs offers a lot of activities and events that can be enjoyed by the whole family in winter and summer.
- There are plenty of child-friendly facilities including ski lifts that are designated for kids only and some ski areas that are dedicated for beginner skiers.
- Plenty of accommodation in Steamboat that can accommodate six to eight people.
- Value for money – Steamboat Springs is friendly on the pocket than other nearby ski resorts.
- Great weather – during the winter, there is some great powder, and in the summer it is warm and dry – perfect for family hikes.
Things to do with the kids
- Winter = party on the snow. Well, there are so many fun things to do when the snow arrives, it is just like a party. Take the kids skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, dog sledding or sleigh riding. Try Snow Monsters Kid’s Club, where they can explore the snow with its cute animal characters.
- Summer: the snow has gone but the fun remains. Guided hiking, alpine slide, camping, and many more activities are available in the Coca Cola Adventure Zone and Kids’ Adventure Club.
- Explore the scenic Steamboat Springs. Go horse-riding, take a helicopter flight or hop into a hot air balloon. These activities are available during the summer and winter.
- Learn a little something. There are several interesting museums in the area, allowing kids to learn something in a fun way. Visit Tread of Pioneers Museum, where your kids can join the scavenger hunt.
- Soak in the hot springs. Let’s not forget why this city got its name at the first place. There are several wonderful hot spring pools here, where you and the kids can relax sooth those aching muscles.
Tips and advice for visiting Steamboat Springs
- If you plan to stay for more than 5 days, buy a 5-or-more-day adult lift ticket. That way, your children who are 12 and under can ski for free.
- Similar deal also applies on ski equipment rental. If you hire adult ski equipment for five days or more, you can hire child ski equipment for free.
- Some hotels offer a luggage shipping service so be sure to ask. It will save you money and energy if you take your own gear.